Whose Line is it, Anyway?
Mitt Romney’s been yukking it up so much on the campaign trail that sometimes it seems like he’s trying out Jay Leno’s job, and not just Leader of the Free World. We’ve mixed up Romney’s knee-slappers with some told by late-night chuckleheads after the jump. Can you tell the difference?
Answers are at the bottom.
1. Following revelations that Romney hunts only small animals: “There were some pretty sad faces around the Romney household on Easter. … The Easter bunny didn’t come. He heard (Romney) was packing heat.”
2. Romney believes “marriage should be between a man and a woman… and a woman… and a woman.”
3. “Here’s what I don’t understand: Rudolph Giuliani had three wives and he’s not the Mormon candidate?”
4. On John Edwards: “There’s two Americas, you know. There’s the one where you get $400 haircuts, and then there’s everybody else’s.”
5. On the Republican debates: “This is a lot like ‘Law & Order.’ It has a huge cast, the series seems to go on forever, and Fred Thompson shows up at the end.
6. “Iran’s president … wanted to lay a wreath at Ground Zero, but his critics said, ‘No, no. You are trying to exploit Ground Zero for political gain—and that is Rudy Giuliani’s job.’”
7. “Being a conservative Republican in Massachusetts is a bit like being a cattle rancher at a vegetarian convention.”
8. On Hillary: “She said on her Web site, ‘I’m in it to win.’ That may seem obvious, but for Democrats running for president … they have to keep reminding themselves.”
For answers, highlight the space between here…
Answers: 1. Romney; 2.Romney; 3. David Letterman; 4. Romney; 5.Romney; 6. Bill Maher; 7. Romney 8. Jay Leno…and here.