Boston Ranks No. 17 Best American City for Hipsters

Boston Ranks No. 17 Best American City for Hipsters. Whatevs. [T+L]

Terry Francona Says the Red Sox Screwed Him. Don’t expect to see Francona’s smiling face hanging around when the Red Sox celebrate the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park. “Somebody went out of their way to make me look pretty bad … It’s a shame. I’m sure they’ll have a great event and I was part of a lot of that stuff there, but I just can’t go back there and start hugging people and stuff without feeling a little bit hypocritical.” [Globe]

Massachusetts Has Second-Lowest Teen Birth Rate in Country. The rate of teen births in the United States once again fell in 2010 and is now at its lowest point since record-keeping began in 1940. Massachusetts had 17.1 births per 1,000 teenage girls ages 15 to 19 in 2010, just behind the national low in New Hampshire (15.7 births per 1,000). [MassLive.com]

Scott Brown, Elizabeth Warren, and The Politics of Likability. You know, now that the Times mentions it, it does kind of seem like the two candidates are sparring over who will be voted “Most Popular” … in the yearbook. [NYT]

BU Hazing Incident: 70 Complaints, 14 Suspects, 5 Victims. The BPD is seeking a slew of charges against the BU frat bros who were involved in this heinous hazing incident early Monday morning. All suspects will face complaints of hazing, failure to report hazing, and assault & battery. Three suspects will face complaints of keeper of a disorderly house. And five guys at BU at looking are for new friends, we hope. [BPD]

Heather Potts, BU Senior: ‘We Need to Clean Up Our Act.’ Potts, who is graduating BU in a few weeks and taking her rationality with her, wrote a totally serious, completely not joking letter to the editor in the Daily Free Press: “BU is not an urban circle of hell where sorority girls drink too much and frat boys are tied up in Allston dungeons until they are found by the police. It is not a place where rape and sexual assault are so commonplace that the school newspaper can joke about it on every page. At least I hope it isn’t, which is why I’m so saddened by all of these reports. And by the way, the fact that the administration thinks the only thing they need to do to counteract this seemingly endless outpouring of bad PR is to make a ‘task force’ isn’t exactly a good sign.” [Daily Free Press]