Eight Super-Geniuses Win the Election Prediction Challenge
Of 265 entries in my Election Prediction Challenge, eight came oh-so-close to a perfect score—if one of them had foreseen that Scott Lively would get more votes than Jeff McCormick (19,192 to 16,125 in unofficial returns), we would be able to crown a single, perfect-score superstar. So, so close to becoming a Massachusetts political punditry legend.
Still, a pretty darn good job, and kudos to Ernie Adams, Andrew Carden, Al Gordon, Lance Harris, Barney Keller, Lyn Ketterer, Ryan McCollum, and Ken Van Tassel.
I wonder how many of them would have gotten tripped up if I hadn’t accidentally left out the Auditor candidates though? Ah well. Thanks to everybody who participated.
Here’s the order of finish, with the Auditor candidates included just FYI, and unofficial vote tallies:
1. Bill Galvin, Secretary: 1,391,703
2. Maura Healey, Attorney General: 1,275,252
3. Suzanne Bump, Auditor: 1,141,788
4. Deb Goldberg, Treasurer: 1,115,042
5. Charlie Baker, Governor, 1,041,640
6. Martha Coakley, Governor: 1,001,279
7. Mike Heffernan, Treasurer: 825,701
8. John Miller, Attorney General: 790,884
9. Patricia Saint Aubin, Auditor: 752, 881
10. Dave D’Arcangelo, Secretary: 594,633
11. Evan Falchuk, Governor: 71,144
12. Scott Lively, Governor: 19,192
13. Jeff McCormick, Governor: 16,125