An evening relaxing on a North End rooftop nearly ended in tragedy late last night after a chimney came clattering down on a woman lounging in a hammock, seriously injuring her.
Authorities say they responded to the Charter Street roof after midnight last night to rescue a 21-year-old who became stuck in debris. They say the hammock had been attached to the chimney and also to a pole. Another person was reportedly also in the hammock, but does not appear to have been injured.
First-responders using a ladder truck to access the roof helped free the woman and then took her to Massachusetts General Hospital.
Photos show the chimney and hammock were on an unvarnished part of a roof atop an apartment building.
— Eli Rosenberg (@EliNBCBoston) July 11, 2017
Source URL: https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2017/07/11/north-end-chimney-hammock/
Copyright ©2019 Boston Magazine unless otherwise noted.