Made to Order
1. Leaving brick exposed offers a rich texture, but requires plenty of conduit.
2. A raised ceiling means revealing your ductwork, so make sure it’s high enough that it doesn’t dominate the space.
3. Bright green plants can augment a rustic look.
4. Vertical beadboard creates a 1920s kitchen feel, perfect for china shelving.
5. Vintage cabinets can be used to store recipes, pens, lists, and utensils.
6. Salvaged flooring creates a warm, lived-in feel.
7. If you want people to linger in the kitchen, be sure to find solid, comfortable bar stools.
Related: Check out Corby Kummer’s review of Bondir Concord, published in the June 2014 issue of Boston.