Five Things to Check Out During Boston Design Week
In the world of design, Boston is respected for historic preservation and forward-thinking innovation found, often times, on the same city block. As Boston Design Week returns, over 80 events are planned throughout Boston neighborhoods and surrounding towns. The list of outstanding design schools and companies participating is long, and planners hope that events will be a forum for industry professionals, as well as a source of inspiration for the public.
Design week will continue through March 29th. View the full schedule of events here, and don’t miss our top five things to see:
1. Virtual Room Makeovers: Celebrity interior designer Steven Favreau, known for dramatic interiors and his work on HGTV, redecorates live at the South End’s Ink Block. March 22nd, 3-5 p.m. RSVP here.
2. An Opening Reception for Midway Artists Studios: As the largest residential live/work building in Boston, the studios at 15 Channel Center Street opens with a reception displaying favorite pieces. The evening includes a special acoustic performance by The Brooklyns. March 23rd, 6-8 p.m.
3. The Boston Design Center Open House: Meander the showrooms and scout out the newest products at One Design Center Place. March 24th, 1-5 p.m.
4. Rarely Seen Prints at the MFA: Meet with a curator to view rare drawings and prints from the museum archives. March 25th, from 5 p.m. Choose from one of three sessions and RSVP here.
5. Shopping at CraftBoston: Jewelry, decor, furniture, and clothing by over 90 artists is on display at the Cyclorama Boston Center for the Arts. March 20-21, 10 a.m-6 p.m, and March 22nd, 11 a.m-5 p.m.
For information and event details, visit bostondesignweek.com.