The Science of Food
1. Custom Italian glass pendant lights create a focal point among the chaos of pipes and ducts.
2. A cast-concrete bar top seems nearly weightless with under-counter lighting.
3. Something as simple as a curtain can separate a private dining room from the other space.
4. Chalkboard-painted honeycomb-shaped panels add dimension to the wall.
5. A few white leather chairs ordered from Italy offer a tailored counterpoint to the soft sofa forms.
6. Every space needs a little green. Here, it’s rendered in low-back velvet banquettes.
7. Natural-wood flooring reveals that the hegemony of shiny polyurethane wood is clearly over.
Related: Check out Corby Kummer’s review of Café ArtScience, published in the May 2015 issue of Boston.