Three Plans to Make for Hotel Week Boston 2016
Hotel Week is back for its third year, meaning self-proclaimed “staycation” season is here.
More than a dozen local hotels are offering promotions on room prices and packages from February 14-21. And while this sounds exciting in theory, it can be hard to commit to spending money to sleep in a bed only miles from your own. But hear us out. Below are three plans to make a Hotel Week staycation worthwhile.
Pre-Valentine’s Romance: XV Beacon
To jumpstart the weekend of love, the luxuries of Beacon Hill’s XV Beacon are a good place to begin. Be a scholarly tourist by day and enjoy the sumptuous atmosphere of the hotel at night.
- Take a Thursday 3 p.m. tour of the Boston Athenaeum.
- Schedule an art and architecture tour of King’s Chapel. (These must be scheduled at least three days in advance.)
- Head to the State House and find your hometown’s emblem in the Hall of Flags.
- Top off an evening with Boston cream pie at the place where it was invented—the Omni Parker House.
The deal: 30 percent off the best available rate for the Beacon Hill Studios and a complimentary bottle of red wine upon check-in, xvbeacon.com.
A Galentine’s Day Long Weekend: Revere Hotel
You could give “treat yourself” a new definition with a Galentine’s day trip. From spas to nightclubs, everything needed for a females-only outing is steps away.
- Try choosing between facials or massages at Bliss Spa.
- Lace up your ruby slippers for an evening at Emerald Lounge.
- Then make a stop at Venu Nightclub.
- Take a five-minute walk for gooey breakfast sandwiches at Mike and Patty’s.
The deal: 30 percent off luxury accommodations with private balcony access, full breakfast for two in the Atrium restaurant, and complimentary internet, reverehotel.com.
School Vacation—Kicked Up a Notch: The Royal Sonesta
Although the town that’s home to Harvard and MIT may seem like an unlikely spot to enjoy homework-free bliss, February vacation week in Cambridge can be just that. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to scope out.
- Go ice skating in Kendall Square.
- Explore natural engineering marvels at the Museum of Science.
- Or catch a glimpse of some holograms at the MIT Museum.
- Snap a few photos of the skyline (and perhaps craft next year’s holiday card?).
The deal: Two complimentary tickets to Kendall Square’s outdoor Ice Skating Rink, complimentary hot chocolates and house made sweets at the Royal Sonesta’s cafe, sonesta.com/boston.
To see all the offerings during Hotel Week, go to hotelweekboston.com.