1. Uplighting behind the banquettes is a theatrical flourish increasingly found in residential design.
2. Thick columns in the darkest gray separate the bar from the dining room.
3. The backlit bar, a major focal point, is a not-so-subtle reminder to order another cocktail.
4. Three-tiered pendant lights soften the look.
5. Very practical pedestal tables reduce the visual clutter of furniture legs.
6. To create a unified look, the floors were stained a warm, rich tone that matches the tables and chairs.
7. Midcentury Hans Wegner “Wishbone” chairs offer a delicate contrast to the interior’s heavier notes.
Source URL: https://www.bostonmagazine.com/property/2016/08/30/uni-interior-design/
Copyright ©2019 Boston Magazine unless otherwise noted.