Mezze Bar Concept Debuting at Clover Food Lab
Starting on March 19, customers can visit a mezze bar inside Clover Food Lab’s Brookline Village location. The experimental concept is being implemented for a possible collaboration with Whole Foods Market. The natural foods juggernaut recently approached Clover about selling its popular vegetarian fare in supermarkets statewide.
Meze or mezze refers to an ancient Middle-Eastern style of eating, with small plates composed of various spreads, dips, and salads. The Clover Mezze Bar selection will feature all house-made spreads, dips, and garnishes, and four daily salads made with local and seasonal ingredients from Winter Moon Farm in Hadley.
The Mezze Bar will be self-serve, with each item sold for $8.99 per pound. Clover is inviting Brookline Village residents to come test, taste, and provide feedback on the new idea.
Here’s a preview of the new menu:
MEZZE BAR MENU:
- Rustic Hummus
- Silky Hummus
- Middle Eastern Eggplant Tahini Spread
- Brown Butter White Bean Dip (beans from Baer’s Beans, South Hamilton, MA)
- Beet, Mint, Feta Salad (beets from Winter Moon Farm, Hadley)
- Moroccan Carrot Salad (carrots from Winter Moon Farm, Hadley)
- Spicy Black Quinoa Salad
- House pickled red onions
- House-baked or house-fried Pita Chips
- Garnishes: Zaatar, smoked Paprika, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Mint
- Many of the items on the Mezze bar are vegan or gluten-free.
Bonus: Anyone who buys a meal from the Mezze Bar and fills out an in-store survey during its first two weeks of operations will receive a coupon for a free order of French fries, house-made lemonade, or a pour-over coffee with their next Clover meal. Score!
Clover Food Lab in Brookline Village, 6 Harvard St., Brookline. Info: cloverfoodlab.com.