Chef Edward Lee Cooking at Toro in December [Updated]
To help celebrate Toro’s ninth birthday on December 4, chef-owners Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonnette will be inviting in Louisville, Kentucky chef, and former Top Chef contestant, Edward Lee to help cook a special a la carte menu. Lee, the chef-owner of MilkWood and 610 Magnolia, recently starred in the third season of The Mind of a Chef and authored the bestselling cookbook, Smoke & Pickles.
From 5:30-10 p.m., guests can sample a special birthday menu that promises to showcase Lee’s trademark amalgam of Southern Americana and Korean cuisine. After 10 p.m., the restaurant will turn into a standing party with passed foods from Toro and Lee, plus special cocktails available for purchase in partner with Boston’s own Bully Boy Distillers. Below is a preview of Lee’s special Toro menu.
- Warmed oysters with bourbon brown butter, lime zest, and cilantro
- Veal sweetbreads with creamy grits, red eye gravy, and braised mustard seeds
- Buttermilk panna cotta with fennel, pickled grapes, country ham, and pumpkin
- Brown butter oysters
- Veal sweetbreads with grits
- Pork belly, Okinawan potatoes (purple sweet potatoes), olive tapenade, red miso
- Adobo fried chicken
- Black bean oxtail and octopus
- Green tea beignets
Dec. 4, 5:30-10 p.m., 1704 Washington St., Boston; 617-536-4300 or toro-restaurant.com.