Olde Magoun’s Saloon Introduces an All Mac and Cheese Menu
The chill of winter is settling in, which means it’s time for stiff brown spirits, decadent stouts, sweet hot chocolate, and stick-to-your-ribs type of fare. That’s why this month, Olde Magoun’s Saloon in Somerville is launching their special “Mac Attack,” all mac and cheese menu. For the first three Wednesdays in December, you can try chef Howard Haywood selection of gooey comfort food concoctions like his Southern-Style mac and cheese with buttermilk fried chicken and collard greens or the Bacon Bomb with smoked gouda, slab bacon, pancetta, and crispy pork belly.
Remember, Olde Magoun’s is only offering the Mac Attack menu until December 17, so check it out while you can. See the full menu below:
Special Menu – Mac Attack
(Available Wednesday Nights at Olde Magoun’s Saloon)
- Seared Foie Gras – raclette cheese, crème fraiche, gemelli pasta, red wine demi glacé, white truffle essence
- Southern Style – cheddar cheese, macaroni, buttermilk fried chicken, collard greens, corn bread crumble
- Roasted Pumpkin – marscapone cheese, aged cheddar, shell pasta, applewood smoked bacon, fried sage
- Bacon Bomb – smoked Gouda cheese, penne pasta, quick pickled jalapeño’s, slab bacon, crispy pork belly, pancetta
- Hippy – goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, rigatoni pasta, spinach, portobello mushroom, roasted peppers, sundried tomato, foccacia herb crumbs
- Braised Short Rib – fontina cheese, crumbled blue cheese, shell pasta, crispy shallot’s
518 Medford St., Somerville; 617-776-2600 or magounssaloon.com.