Dundee Meat Pie Challenge Coming to Harpoon
Even if you don’t know what the hell a meat pie is, you’re going to want to attend the Fifth Mick Dundee Pie Challenge at Harpoon Brewery on February 23. This year’s battle for meat pie dominance pits 12 of Boston’s finest chefs against each other for bragging rights, a tacky championship belt, and the privilege to designate $2,000 to the charity of their choice.
Harpoon Brewery in the Seaport is lending their entire space for the event, including the private dining room, catwalks, tasting room, and the Beer Hall, all in the name charity. The $60 price of admission gets you and three of your best buddies access to the party, 12 mini pies for your group, and one complimentary Harpoon beverage. Below is a full list of competitors, but Dundee organizer Sam Jackson of KO Pies is promising a number of additional guest stars.
- Sam Jackson & John Brennan (KO Pies)
- Team Cambridge: Mark Goldberg (Grafton Group) and Matt Drummond (Temple Bar)
- Team Oyster: John Ross and Dan Karg (Neptune Oyster)
- Jacqueline Dole (Mei Mei)
- Kate Holowchik (Bread & Salt at Wink & Nod)
- James DiSabatino (Roxy’s Grilled Cheese)
- Dan Amighi (La Brasa)
- Chris Douglass (Tavolo, Ashmont Grille)
- Ryan McGuire (Pennypackers)
- Kevin O’Donnell (The Salty Pig)
- Chin Kuo (Saus)
- Surprise guests!
$60 (ticket good for four people), Feb. 23, 306 Northern Ave., Boston; 617-456-2322 or eventbrite.com.