Introducing ’50 Shades of Grey,’ the Menu
In what’s sure to be a growing trend, at least in the days leading up to its big screen release, someone has created an edible homage to all things Fifty Shades of Grey. While it may be unclear on paper how cake pops and sangria correlate with bondage and some creepy thing known as the “Red Room of Pain,” rest assured you can find out when Showcase SuperLux in Chestnut Hill debuts their special Fifty Shades-themed cocktail and dessert menu. Featured throughout the entirety of the movie’s release, the menu will include items such as, “Vanilla” cake pops, “Chocolate Charlie Tango” brownie bites, and “Mrs. Jones’ Macaroons.” In addition to the sweets, the cocktail menu will also feature names stemming from E.L. James’ bestseller including, the “Inner Goddess,” a berry Bellini topped with pink moscato.
Showcase Cinemas Woburn along with the entire Cinema de Lux brand will also feature the themed-drink menu at each of the theater’s bars. See below for the full menu, and consume at your own risk.
- “Inner Goddess” – Pinnacle Raspberry Vodka, Fresh Lemon and Peach, Topped with Pink Moscato Bubbles
- “50” – Double Cross Vodka, Martin Miller’s Gin, Whisper of Lillet – Shaken Not Stirred, Lemon Twist
- “Ana’s Tea” – Tres Agaves Tequila, Pinnacle Vodka, Bacardi Silver Rum, Bombay Gin, Combier Triple Sec, Fresh Lemon Sour, Splash of Cola
- “Submissive Sangria” – Our Classic Long Islander with, Blackberry Sangria Mix and topped with Sultry Red Wine
Menu – Small Bites
- “Vanilla” Cake Pops
- “Chocolate Charlie Tango” (brownie bites)
- “Mrs. Jones’ Macaroons”
- “Christian’s Cookies”
55 Boylston St., Chestnut Hill; 617-658-5160 or showcasesuperlux.com.