Grant Achatz Headlines This Year’s Toques & Tonic Event
David Chang. Suzanne Goin. Paul Kahan. The annual Toques & Tonic event is always a star-studded affair, and this year will prove no different.
The Barbara Lynch Foundation announced today that Chicago’s Grant Achatz (Alinea, Aviary, and Next) will travel to Boston in April to join a lineup that already includes a veritable who’s who of the gourmet sect: Gary Danko (Restaurant Gary Danko), Daniel Boulud (Daniel), Mark Ladner (Del Posto), Matthew Jennings (Townsman), and Ana Sortun (Oleana).
Festivities will commence on Thursday, April 9, with an exclusive Relais & Chateaux Grand Chef Gala dinner at Menton, where 60 guests will enjoy a champagne reception and a seated five-course dinner featuring dishes prepared by chefs Danko, Boulud, Ladner, Joseph Lenn (Blackberry Farm), and Michael White (Marea).
On April 10, over 30 of the country’s best chefs and bartenders will gather at the Boston Children’s Museum for a one-of-a-kind gastronomic fete that will include signature small plates, craft cocktails, and wines from celebrated tastemakers such as Animal (Los Angeles) and Eventide (Portland). The evening will also include live and silent auctions, dancing, and an after-party held at Harpoon Brewery in the Seaport District where guests can meet the participating chefs, enjoy Harpoon beers, and snack on pizzas and spuckies from the Nebo sisters, Carla and Christine Pallotta.
All proceeds from the events benefit The Barbara Lynch Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering urban youth in at-risk Boston communities with essential life skills. Below is a full list of this year’s participants.
- Grant Achatz, Alinea (Chicago)
- Jonathan Benno, Lincoln (NYC)
- Daniel Boulud, Bar Boulud (Boston)
- Patrick Campbell, Cafe ArtScience (Boston)
- Tim & Nancy Cushman, o ya (Boston)
- Ariane Daguin, D’artagnan (NYC)
- Gary Danko, Restaurant Gary Danko (San Francisco)
- John DaSilva, Spoke Wine Bar (Boston)
- Lauren DeSteno, Marea (NYC)
- Lisa Griffen, Maison Premiere (Brooklyn)
- Matt Jennings, Townsman (Boston)
- Paul Kahan, The Publican (Chicago)
- Mark Ladner, Del Posto (NYC)
- Joseph Lenn, Blackberry Farm (Tennessee)
- Donald Link, Link Restaurant Group (New Orleans)
- Kristen Murray, Maurice (Portland, Oregon)
- Mike Pagliarini, Giulia (Boston)
- Carla Pallotta & Christine Pallotta, Nebo (Boston)
- Michael Scelfo, Alden & Harlow (Boston)
- Mike Serpa, Select Oyster Bar (Boston)
- Lydia Shire, Scampo (Boston)
- Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo, animal (Los Angeles)
- Ana Sortun, Oleana (Boston)
- Ethan Stowell, Staple & Fancy Mercantile (Seattle)
- Andrew Taylor, Eventide (Portland, Maine)
- Scott Baird, Bon Vivants (San Francisco)
- Maxwell Britten, Maison Premiere (Brooklyn)
- John Gertsen (San Francisco)
- Josh Harris, Bon Vivants (San Francisco)
- Ted Kilpatrick, Hojoko (NYC)
- Scott Marshall (Savannah)
- Micah Melton, The Aviary (Chicago)
- Joy Richard, Franklin Group (Boston)
- Leo Robitscheck, Nomad (NYC)
- Ezra Star, Drink (Boston)
- Pam Wiznitzer, The Dead Rabbit (NYC)
- David Wondrich, Cocktail Historian
$195 per person,$350 VIP Tickets (General Admission + After Party), April 10 at 7 p.m., 308 Congress St., Boston; barbaralynch.org.