Townsman Introduces Lunch Service and Bar Menu
If you’re having troubles procuring weekend reservations at Townsman, Matt Jennings’ hot new restaurant on the ground floor of the Radian Building downtown, you’re not alone. But the good news is that you’ll now have ample opportunities to try the chef’s unique brand of New England-style brasserie fare, as well his bar-only burger (which Jennings’ says is a stunner), thanks to his new lunch and late night menus. Starting this week, Jennings introduces new offerings like a lamb pastrami sandwich and a chard Caesar salads with fried olives, to go along with Townsman’s towering raw bar platters and its selection of stunning in-house charcuterie.
Lunch will be available Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Townsman’s bar menu will be available during the day Monday through Friday from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Evening hours for the bar menu are Monday through Thursday 10 to 11 p.m., and Friday to Saturday 11 p.m. to midnight. See below for both menus.
Townsman Bar Menu
- Townsman Deviled Eggs: soft hen eggs, crispy skin, fried capers $7
- ‘Pickles and Dips’: sweet pea and peanut hummus, oil cured olives and spiced almonds $7
- Country Ham Sandwich: on a biscuit with maple slaw & kimchi gravy $9
- Townsman Burger: served with dirty fries and combat sauce $18
- Pigs In The Mud: crunchy chicharrones coated in peanut butter, chocolate and spices $6
Townsman Lunch Menu
120 Kingston St., Boston; 617-210-4743 or townsmanboston.com.