Anatomy of BISq’s Dessert Charcuterie
1. Lemon Pavé: Crusty shortbread strikes a balance between sweet and savory with tangy lemon curd and a drizzle of tarragon pesto.
2. Muddy Buddies: Chex cereal is tossed with melted chocolate and peanut butter, then dusted with powdered sugar. It’s childhood mornings, reimagined as a grownup after-dinner snack.
3. Pâté de Fruit: Dainty blackberry jellies offer mouth-puckering bites bursting with citric acid. File under: Fancy Sour Patch Kids.
4. Salted Butter Caramel: Bazzinotti’s sticky, sweet house-made caramels are the high-end version of the penny-candy-store classic.
5. Chocolate-Covered Cherries: Husk cherries, nature’s great Frankenstein fruit (think tomatillo mixed with pineapple), are coated with a shell of Guittard white chocolate.
6. Chocolate “Salami”: Olive-oil-brushed, sea-salt-speckled ganache is mixed with dried stone fruits and nuts. Chunks of white chocolate mimic the look of pork fat. Oink.
Check out all of our Best New Restaurants 2015 coverage.