Get Your Mac On Wednesdays at Olde Magoun’s Saloon
With 28 beers on draft and eclectic fare like spinach and artichoke rangoons (served in a classic Chinese takeout box), Thanksgiving eggrolls, and an arsenal of beefy burgers, Olde Magoun’s Saloon has comfort food on lock. But the Somerville spot gets even cozier with amped up macaroni and cheese as the temperature drops. The annual Mac Attack special—with half a dozen loaded varieties, in addition to chef Howard Haywood’s regular-menu short rib and blackened chicken macs, and fried mac and cheese triangles—returned last month, and the restaurant announced it’s sticking around every Wednesday through December.
The creamy crocks range from $10-$15, and “mac-ancini” is an $8 app. The a la carte specials are available tonight; December 16, and December 23 from 5-11 p.m.
See the full menu below:
Mac Attack Menu
- Mac-Ancini: flash-fried mac and cheese croquettes, with spicy tomato herb gravy
- Decadence: crème frâiche, fontina, gemelli and Bordelaise sauce, with truffle essence
- Southern Style: cheddar, fried chicken, and collard greens, topped with corn bread crumble
- Roasted Pumpkin: shells, mascarpone, Vermont cheddar, and maple-cured bacon, topped with Crispy Fried Sage
- Bacon Bomb: penne, pepper jack, smoked bacon, pork belly pancetta, and crackling
- Farmer’s Market: spinach pasta, Vermont goat cheese, roasted local veggies, and portobello mushroom, with focaccia herb crumbs
- Blue Ribbon: cheddar, slow-smoked baby back ribs, and a buttermilk biscuit crust
Olde Magoun’s Sallon, 518 Medford St., Somerville; 617-776-2600 or magounssaloon.com.