A Kanye vs. Taylor Swift-Themed Brunch Battle is Coming to Back Bay Harry’s
There’s no pop cultural beef quite like the “Bad Blood” between Taylor Swift and Kanye West. Though the pop princess’ hit song isn’t about the rapper, Tay and ‘Ye have a tumultuous relationship. It started when West interrupted Swift’s acceptance speech for Best Female Music Video during the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, with the now-infamous line, “I’mma let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!”
We know where Back Bay Harry’s stands on Beyoncé: The restaurant’s Super Fan brunch series has honored the diva, and its New Year’s party was an homage to Queen Bey and her king, Jay-Z. But next month, the Super Fan brunch is a battle. Who’s side are you on—’Ye or Tay?
Like past parties, there’s a prix-fixe menu and cocktails named for the stars’ songs, plus their hits on the speakers, and their music videos and concert footage on the big screen. Costumes are encouraged, so break out your shutter shades, furs, and Adidas sweatpants if you’re Team Kanye, and have your favorite sequined crop top dry-cleaned if you’re Team Taylor.
There are two seatings for the Sunday Super Fan Brunch Battle. Tickets for the three-course meal are $35 per person, with cocktails priced a la carte. Check out the menu:
Appetizer (for the table)
Say You’ll Remember Me Crab Guacamole with toasted sesame seeds, sriracha, mango, are we out of the woods yet wonton chips
– Yeezus Peach Bacon & Brie Flatbread with honey drizzle, Yeezy Season 3 toasted walnuts ($3,000 each), caramelized onions
– Swifty Strawberry & Mascarpone Challah French Toast with shake it off cinnamon sugar, whipped cream, griddled sausage
– Life of Pablo Corned Beef Hash with Saint sunny eggs, Kim K cheddar hollandaise, North West grilled garlic crostini
– 1989 Scrambled Eggs with home fries, Calvin Harris’ house-cured bacon, banana bread, fresh pineapple
Dessert (for the table)
– I’mma Let you Finish These Fresh Fried Beignets with powdered sugar, praline sauce, heartless chicory dust
Craft Cocktails ($13)
– The Tay Tay with watermelon puree, jalapeño-spiked silver tequila, agave, lemon & lime
– Mr. West Is in the Building Manmosa with sparkling wine, fresh oj, cognac-soaked oranges
– Bad Blood Bacon Bloody with bacon-infused vodka, house bloody mix, crispy bacon
– I Made That B*tch Famous Punch with white wine, rum, tropical juices, gold digger rim
$35, Sunday, April 10, 2016, 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Back Bay Harry’s, 142 Berkeley St., Boston, 617-424-6711, backbayharrys.com.