Copenhagen Beer Celebration Coming to Boston
City Hall Plaza is hosting another music festival this fall, and you’re going to want to pay attention. The Copenhagen Beer Celebration is bringing more than 100 beers from 50 of the world’s most respected breweries to Boston, along with musicians like Yo La Tengo, Lucero, and more.
The event was created in Copenhagen four years ago by Mikkel Borg Bjergsø of acclaimed Danish brewery Mikkeller. In 2015, Bjergsø met the team at Crash Line Productions, the Boston-based events company that puts on Boston Calling twice a year. This spring for the first time, Mikkeller beer will be available alongside Samuel Adams offerings at the beer stations around Crash Line’s flagship fest.
According to a press release, company founders Brian Appel and Mike Snow will have more news coming soon about the growth of Boston Calling.
“Doing a Copenhagen Beer Celebration in the states has been a long time dream of mine, so when the opportunity came to do a CBC Boston edition, there was no hesitation,” says Bjergsø. “While working on the plans for this year’s festival, we realized we had the ability to do a crossover festival with music and beer—two of the things I love the most—and in such an awesome venue such as Boston. I’m really excited about bringing the CBC atmosphere to this city.”
In addition to beer tasting sessions and sets of music, there will be Mikkeller bars around the festival serving full pours for purchase. The Copenhagen brewery is also joining forces with Sam Adams brewers on a special festival-only collaboration release. Note that Evil Twin Brewing, founded in New York by Mikkel’s estranged twin brother, Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergso, is also in the festival lineup.
Early Bird tickets for Copenhagen Beer Celebration in Boston are on sale now, without service fees through Monday, April 25 at noon.
Check out the brewery, music, and food lineups so far, and start preparing your liver.
as of April 20, 2016 (additional breweries will be announced in the coming weeks)
- 3 Floyds (Munster, Indiana)
- 18th Street (Gary, Indiana)
- Alefarm (København, Denmark)
- Allagash (Portland, Maine)
- Alpha State (Kent, England)
Arizona Wilderness (Gilbert, Arizona)
- Bagby (Oceanside, California)
- Brewbynumbers (London, England)
- Brekeriet (Malmö, Sweden)
- Brewski (Helsingborg, Sweden)
- Casita Cerveceria (Greensboro Bend, Vermont)
- Evil Twin Brewing (Brooklyn, New York)
- Gigantic (Portland, Oregon)
- Half Acre (Chicago, Illinois)
- Hill Farmstead (Greensboro Bend, Vermont)
- Jack’s Abby (Framingham, Massachusetts)
- Jackie O’s (Athens, Ohio)
- Kees (Arnestein, Netherlands)
- Loverbeer (Marentino, Italy)
- Magic Rock (Huddersfield, England)
- Mikkeller (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Mikkeller SD (San Diego, California)
- Modern Times (San Diego, California)
- Mystic (Chelsea, Massachusetts)
- Oud Beersel (Beesel, Belgium)
- Samuel Adams (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Siren (Wokingham, England)
- Stillwater (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Stone Brewing (San Diego, California)
- Superstition Meadery (Prescott, Arizona)
- Tired Hands (Ardmore, Pennsylvania)
- To Øl (Frederiksberg, Denmark)
- Warpigs (København, Denmark)
- Roxy’s Grilled Cheese
- Tasty Burger
- Barracuda Tavern
- Zinneken’s Waffles
- Copenhagen’s world-renowned Warpigs Barbecue, in the U.S. for the first time
Friday Night Rød (red) Session
Friday September 23, 6—11 p.m.
- Yo La Tengo
- The Barr Brothers
Saturday Day Grøn (green) Session
Saturday September 24, 11:30—3:30 p.m.
- Mariachi El Bronx
- The Tremelo Beer Gut
- Tigerman WOAH!
Saturday Night Blå (blue) Session
Saturday September 24, 6—11 p.m.
- Caroline Rose
- The Silks
Copenhagen Beer and Music Celebration, 21+, September 23-24, City Hall Plaza, Boston, $41.50-$234, additional beer tastings on sale, copenhagenbeerfest.com.