Recipe: Burrata with English Peas, Mint, and Lemon
Burrata with English Peas, Mint, and Lemon
- 6 balls fresh burrata
- 2 c. fresh peas
- ¼ c. olive oil, plus more to finish the plate
- 12 mint leaves, chopped, plus whole leaves to garnish
- 12 to 18 fresh young pea shoots
- Zest of one lemon, chopped
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Fleur de sel
Blanch fresh peas in boiling salted water to cook, about 3 to 4 minutes. Shock in ice water. Drain and place in mixing bowl. Using the back of a fork, smash the peas a bit to break them up. Mix in lemon zest, chopped mint leaves, and olive oil and season to taste.
Place a ball of burrata in the center of a plate, spoon the pea mixture around, and finish with the whole mint leaves, the pea shoots, an extra drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of fleur de sel. Serve with oil-toasted bread slices.
Check out all nine recipes in our entertaining guide, “Spring on the Farm.”