Recipe: Marinated and Roasted Leg of Lamb
Marinated and Roasted Leg of Lamb
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 deboned leg of lamb, about 4 lbs.
- ½ c. whole-grain mustard
- ¼ c. sherry vinegar
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves, chopped (stem discarded)
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 12 to 15 grinds fresh black pepper
Lay deboned leg of lamb out in a roasting pan. In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Spread the marinade over the lamb, coating all sides. Roll the leg back together and secure with butcher twine. Let lamb marinate for at least 4 hours, or in the refrigerator overnight.
Place lamb in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes. Check the temperature. Remove from the oven at 120 degrees for a medium-rare to medium roast. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Check out all nine recipes in our entertaining guide, “Spring on the Farm.”