1. Create a smoky eye in a flash with this jet-black cream shadow. “It’s very smooth, which makes it a little more mistake-proof,” Wagener says. Make Up Forever “Aqua Cream” waterproof cream eye shadow, $23, Sephora.
2. Wagener favors highly pigmented eye shadows for their longevity and easy blending. Try applying with a natural-hair brush on top of an eye primer. Nars duo eye shadow, $35, Saks Fifth Avenue.
3. When it comes to eyebrow powder, Wagener suggests choosing a neutral shade close to your brow color for a more-natural look. Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder duo, $23, Ulta Beauty.
4. Ideal for filling in a sparse lash line, gel liner helps make eyes “appear larger and more defined,” Wagener says. Hourglass mechanical gel eyeliner, $16, Nordstrom.
5. No bride wants tarantula lashes on her wedding day. This smudge-resistant volumizing mascara tops Wagener’s list for its lightweight texture, which helps prevent clumping. Chantecaille “Faux Cils” mascara, $45, Neiman Marcus.
Give your baby blues the royal treatment with these long-lasting eye enhancements.
What It Is: Using a semi permanent adhesive, aestheticians glue strands of silk, mink, or synthetic fibers to each of your natural lashes, creating a fuller look that can last up to four weeks sans touch-ups.
Where to Go: Eyestarr, 291 Newbury St., Boston, 857-233-2034, eyestarr.com.
What It Costs: A full set starts at $250.
What It Is: In a process similar to lash application, glue-dipped synthetic hair is applied with tweezers to individual hairs and/or the skin to reshape and beef up your natural eyebrows (or lack thereof).
Where to Go: Lash L’ Amour, 129 Newbury St., Boston, 617-247-1871, lashlamour.com.
What It Costs: A full set starts at $150.
What It Is: Applying a semi-permanent vegetable dye adds color and definition while creating the illusion of thicker, longer brows. The most popular hue? Dark brown.
Where to Go: Prettyology, 18 Newbury St., Boston, 617-262-1607, prettyology.com.
What It Costs: $40.
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Boston Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.
Source URL: https://www.bostonmagazine.com/weddings/2016/06/21/eye-makeup-products/
Copyright ©2019 Boston Magazine unless otherwise noted.