One Great Room: Silk Road
Photo by Sean Litchfield
1. A walnut Cherner chair—one of four purchased at Design Within Reach—adds a midcentury-modern touch.
2. The trio of ottomans, made by Newton’s Partners in Design and covered in zebra fabric from Lelievre, “are perfect for kids and adults,” Rossi says.
3. Rossi selected a wool Ralph Lauren rug from Acton’s Post Road Carpet for its durability. The owners “didn’t want any crazy pattern,” she says. “They wanted it to be soothing.”
4. Art Applications in South Boston crafted the custom glass-topped coffee table, which features a handpainted, linen-wrapped base.
5. “The wife wanted the space to be very calming—a place where she could lie down on a chaise with a glass of wine,” says Rossi, who hired Marcoux Upholstery to build the delicately tufted longue and cover it in chenille from Calvin Fabrics.
6. An elephant figurine from India is displayed on a Lucite waterfall table, which Rossi found on eBay.
7. The hammered-metal étagère holds family portraits set in burnished-gold-and-Moroccan-tile frames by Tahari, while stacked ivory boxes from Baker Knapp & Tubbs minimize clutter.
8. The homeowners commissioned this undulating tiled artwork from Coral Bourgeois after seeing her handpainted mixed-media work on display at the Liberty Hotel. The tiles feature imagery of ornate doors and temples.
9. Custom-made pillows in fabrics from Old World Weavers, Osborne & Little, Harlequin, and Fabricut add a touch of shimmer to the couch. Rossi says the materials reminded the owners of textiles from their native India.
10. The Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams “Liam” sofa is outfitted in a cozy flannel suede.
11. Upholstered in Spinneybeck leather, a pair of Barcelona chairs from Design Within Reach complete the look.