The Boston Social Fitness Festival Is Back
The Boston Social Fitness Festival is coming back for round two.
An initiative started last year by Mayor Walsh, the City of Boston, and Blue Cross Blue Shield, the festival will fill City Hall Plaza with fun, free fitness on Saturday, September 16. This year, the celebration of sweat includes:
- A Daybreaker yoga class (7 a.m.) and early morning rave (8 a.m.)
- Outdoor Spin classes by the Handle Bar (10 a.m., 11 a.m., and 12 p.m.)
- CrossFit by Reebok CrossFit (10 a.m., 11 a.m., and 12 p.m.)
- Aerial yoga by Swet Studio (10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., and 12 p.m.)
- An all-day “sports playground” from Social Boston Sports
- A dance mile—yep, that’s a mile-long dance parade—and cool down (dance parade at 1:30 p.m., cool down at 2:30 p.m.)
While all of the offerings are gloriously free, most of the fitness classes require advanced registration. Keep your eye on the event website to reserve your spot(s) and get moving.
Free, 9/16, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. City Hall Plaza, 1 City Hall Square, Boston, bostonsocialfitness.com.