Equinox Is Hosting a Wellness Festival on the Seaport Common
With the grand opening of its Seaport gym just a few weeks away, Equinox is hitting the neighborhood in style. On Saturday, the luxury health club is hosting a “part cultural fair, part wellness retreat” on the Seaport Common.
The event, called the Block, will bring together fitness instructors, artisans, and local personalities for a day of wellness. The full schedule includes:
- A MetCon3 (metabolic conditioning) class at 10:30 a.m.
- A women in media panel, featuring Ashley and Kat Hess, Jenny Johnson, and Kerry Kavanaugh, focused on curating your personal brand and handling the pressures of the spotlight. It begins at 11:45 a.m.
- A Pilates Fusion class at 12:45 p.m.
- A presentation about a week in the life of Top Chef Tiffani Faison, during which she’ll talk about what she eats and how she cooks during an average week. It begins at 2 p.m.
- A Barre Burn class at 3 p.m.
You can pre-register for the fitness classes here. Throughout the day, you can also browse an open-air market selling food and wares from local makers, admire art installations set up around the Common, and take part in head-to-head fitness challenges. The best part? Admission is totally free.
Free, 9/23, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. The Seaport Common, 85 Northern Ave., Boston, theblockbyequinox.com.