Here’s Your Guide to the 2016 Boston Wine Expo Chef Demonstrations
We know you’re headed to the Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center next weekend for the wine—with more than 200 vintners coming to town to pour 2,000-plus different varieties, the Boston Wine Expo has established itself as New England’s largest festival of its kind.
Though food is not an afterthought for the Boston Guild of Oenophilists. A couple dozen Boston-area restaurants will provide sustenance all weekend long, including 7ate9 Bakery, Compliments Food Co., Noodle Lab, and Pennypacker’s, and there are food vendors throughout. But true bon vivants will want to catch the chefs’ demonstrations. For its silver anniversary this year, the Wine Expo brings back some of the biggest names in Boston’s dining scene, and also gives a stage to some rising culinary stars, including Brendan Pelley of Pelekasis and Michael Lombardi and Kevin O’Donnell of SRV. Throughout the weekend, across two stages in the Grand Tasting area, general admission and Vinter’s Reserve ticketholders can watch the pros at work, and pair samples of their signature cuisines with the global spread of wines.
Here’s the full schedule of chefs’ demonstrations:
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13
- 1:30pm: Louis DiBicarri – Tavern Road
- 2:15pm: Ming Tsai – Blue Dragon & Blue Ginger
- 3:00pm: Barbara Lynch Gruppo – No. 9 Park, Menton and Sportello
- 3:45pm: Chris Coombs – Boston Chops, Deuxave and dbar
- 1:30pm: Mitchell Brumels & Nicholas Foley – Ocean Prime
- 2:15pm: Nick Deutmeyer – Post 390
- 3:00pm: Karen Mitchell – The Palm Boston
- 3:45pm: Dave Becker – Sweet Basil & Juniper
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14
- 1:30pm: Annie Copps – Intellibelly
- 2:15pm: Daniel Bruce – Meritage Restaurant at the Boston Harbor Hotel
- 3:00pm: Rachel Klein – RFK Kitchen
- 1:30pm: Brendan Pelley – Pelekasis
- 2:15pm: Michael Lombardi & Kevin O’Donnell – SRV
- 3:00pm: Michael Scelfo – Alden & Harlow
- 3:45pm: Annie Copps – Intellibelly
Feb. 13-14, 1-5 p.m., 200 Seaport Blvd., Boston; wine-expos.com.