[UPDATE] Olde Magoun’s Saloon Sibling Blackmoor Bar + Kitchen to Open This Spring
UPDATE, May 10: Blackmoor Bar + Kitchen is now serving burgers, appetizers, soups, and salads in Charlestown, and the neighborhood spot is ramping up with more eclectic menu items every day. Check out the full menu online, with options like East Meets West (sesame-ginger-edamame) hummus, drunken mussels, a Negro Modelo-braised beef torta, and more. Blackmoor is open Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m.-1 a.m. and Saturday-Sunday from 11 a.m.-1 a.m. Can’t wait to visit? Thanks to Google, you can take a virtual tour.
When Gregory Coughlin opens his third Boston-area pub next month, expect the creative comfort that’s made Olde Magoun’s Saloon in Somerville and Copper House Tavern in Waltham essential neighborhood spots—amplified.
Blackmoor Bar + Kitchen, located in Charlestown, is a more upscale take on his modus operandi.
Coughlin is previewing the fare every Wednesday in March at Olde Magoun’s Saloon. The menu takes inspiration from east Asian, Mediterranean, and New England cuisines:
- Ahi Tuna Poke: sesame-crusted seared rare tuna, ginger soy sauce, Asian five-spice wontons, wasabi aioli
- New England Cod and Potato Cake: House tartar sauce, fried capers, torched lemon
- Chilled Soba Noodles: Crispy Asian vegetables, pressed tofu, green onions, miso vinaigrette
- Lamb Poutine: Hand cut fries, braised lamb, rosemary stout gravy, pickled onions, Westfield Farm Goat Curds (option to add Fried Farmhouse Egg)
- Koreatown Reuben: Five spice pork pastrami, house kimchi, 2000 island dressing, rye bread
- Char-Grilled Lamb Burger: Westfield Farm Goat Curds, pickled onions, cucumbers, spiced tatzhik sauce, rosemary pita
- Down East Split Chicken: Cider-brined organic chicken, rosemary potatoes, brick oven veggies and Downeast Cider pan jus
- Boston Creme Pie: Mixed berry compote, Chantilly cream
Blackmoor takes over the former Papagayo space at 1 Chelsea St., along the Freedom Trail. It will seat 240, with 100 in a bar area that has a similar craft beer focus as Olde Magoun’s 28 tap lines and Copper House’s 40. Blackmoor will offer 34 beers on draft, with four wines on the line, too. There will also be a cocktail program at the full bar.
Blackmoor Bar + Kitchen is on track for a March debut. (See update.) The preview menu specials at Olde Magoun’s are priced a la carte.
Blackmoor Bar + Kitchen, 1 Chelsea St., Charlestown, 617-580-8166, blackmoorbar.com.