Five Yoga Workshops That’ll Help You Keep Your Resolutions
New Year’s resolutions may be oft-abandoned, but the spirit behind them—the desire to make a positive change—is nothing but admirable. Even more admirable? Proving the haters wrong and sticking to your guns well past January 1.
At these five yoga workshops, you’ll find the tools necessary to set a healthy resolution and make it work for you.
1. Yoga and Writing Workshop: Set intentions for the new year and tap into your sense of self at this interdisciplinary class. The event, held January 7, will help you set a vision and goals for the new year using 60 minutes of yoga and prompted writing. Bring a journal, pen, and yoga mat.
$40, 1/7, 1:45 p.m. Beacon Hill Yoga, 57 Phillips St., Boston, yogabeaconhill.com.
2. Open Your Heart to the New Year: If you’re a resolution doubter, this January 8 workshop is for you. It’s all about setting intentions, not resolutions, and finding paths to success, rather than focusing on the outcome. Bring a journal.
$40, 1/8, 3 p.m. YogaWorks, 364 Boylston St., Boston, yogaworks.com.
3. Manifestation and Vision Board Day: No more half-baked resolutions. Join Boston Business Women on January 14 for a day of vision boarding, healing arts, movement, and ritual setting. You’ll leave with a plan of attack for the new year.
$45, 1/14, 10 a.m. Studio 52, 52 Everett St., Boston, eventbrite.com.
4. Insight Meditation: Make a commitment to yourself with this six-week meditation series, beginning January 18. You’ll learn how to use meditation to foster mindfulness, reflection, and positive decision making.
$150 for the series, 1/18-2/22, Wednesdays, 6 p.m. Asana Charlestown, 20 City Square, Charlestown, asanacharlestown.com.
5. Self Love Workshop: If your resolution has to do with emotional well-being, this workshop, taking place January 28, can help with that. Through restorative yoga, meditation, and reiki, you’ll learn tools necessary for living a healthy and positive life.
$35, 1/28, 2 p.m. The Breathing Room, 12 Arrow St., Cambridge, breathingroomboston.com.