Up Your Brunch Game This Month at Row 34 and Moody’s Backroom
With just two weeks left to finish up the holiday shopping, you’re going to need a lot of energy. Exodus Bagels, Row 34, and Moody’s Backroom are here to help, with the necessary carbs and protein to sustain you through the inevitable chaos of Sunday afternoon shopping.
Row 34’s Exodus Bagels Brunch Pop-Up
This Sunday, December 13, Jamaica Plain’s Exodus Bagels is paying a visit to Row 34. The Fort Point seafood spot’s executive chef Francisco Millan has created an inspired menu of deli-style sandwiches on Adam Hirsch’s New York-style rounds. Feeding a crowd? Board the “bagel raft,” a boat-sized serving of all the best flavors. Sea salt, sesame, plain, and everything bagels will also be available to take home, but if you stay and eat at the restaurant, you can double the carb intake with a pint or a few of Trillium beers. The neighboring brewery is sending over a couple select kegs.
Check out the full menu of bagel sandwiches:
- Cubano – Roast Pork Loin, Ham, Swiss Cheese, House Pickles, Mustard and Mayo – $14
- Banh mi- Seared Fish Head Terrine, Cucumber, Carrot, Daikon, nuoc cham, Herb Salad, Chilies and Togarashi Aioli – $14
- Rubenesque – Salmon Pastrami, Sauce Gribiche, Brussel Sprout Slaw, Pickled Mustard Seeds – $14
- Western Standard – Egg & Sharp Cheddar $8
- Trout and About – Smoked Trout, Bacon Braised Chicory, Roasted Tomato Jam and Toasted Almonds $14
- Bagel and Cream Cheese $5- fresh or grilled
- Cream Cheese Options: Plain, Sriracha, Bacon/Everything (BEV) or Roasted Garlic.
- Bagel Raft – (Serves 2-4) $35
- A selection of house-cured fish and pâtés, a mix of four Exodus Bagels and sides to build your own bites
- Bacon, Ham or Avocado $3
- Sides of smoked salmon $8
Sunday, December 13, noon-3 p.m., 383 Congress St., Boston; 617-553-5900 or row34.com.
Moody’s Backroom Holiday Brunch
Next Sunday, December 20, chef Joshua Smith is decking the halls of Moody’s Backroom with his venerable New England Charcuterie. The special menu is an early Christmas present, with a fatty, flavorful tasso ham and shrimp eggs benny; fried chicken and waffles topped with tart cranberry compote and smoky maple; duck confit hash with foie Bearnaise; and more. Check it out below:
Sunday, December 20, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 468 Moody St., Waltham; 781-216-8732 or moodyswaltham.com.