17 Thanksgiving Fitness Classes in Boston
There’s nothing wrong with a little Thanksgiving gluttony. But before you join the clean plate club, get your burn on at one of these studios around town. No sweat, no stuffing, as they say.
If day-after detoxing is more your style, check out our roundup of Black Friday fitness classes, too.
Yoga & Pilates
1. Thanksgiving Vinyasa at YogaWorks: Join instructor Erica Bornstein for an energizing morning flow at the Back Bay location, and Yvonne Castaneda at the Commonwealth Avenue studio.
$18, 8:30 a.m. YogaWorks, 364 Boylston St. and 1032 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, yogaworks.com.
2. Vinyasa Flow at North End Yoga: Take this morning vinyasa class, and you’ll still have time to get home and get the cooking done.
$20, 8:30 a.m. North End Yoga, 256 Hanover St., 3rd Floor, Boston, northendyoga.com.
3. Pilates Flow at North End Yoga: Instructor Jennifer Phelan is giving you one last chance to tighten your abs before the impending feast. Take it.
$25, 8:45 a.m. North End Yoga, 256 Hanover St., 3rd Floor, Boston, northendyoga.com.
4. Gratitude Flow at Radiant Yoga: This class is all about giving back. A portion of your $35 entry fee will be given to the ALS Foundation.
$35, 9 a.m. Radiant Yoga, 516 E 2nd St., Boston, radiantyoga.com.
5. Thanksgiving Flow at Beacon Hill Yoga: Power through a strong flow to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner, then end with a restorative sequence and meditation to treat yourself.
$20, 9 a.m. Beacon Hill Yoga, 57 Phillips St., Boston, yogabeaconhill.com.
6. Thanksgiving Flow at Sadhana Yoga: Get in the spirit of Thanksgiving with this yoga class. Proceeds benefit the Animal Rescue League of Boston.
$20, 9:15 a.m. Sadhana Yoga, 15 Worcester St., Boston, sadhanaboston.com.
7. Gratitude Flow at Coolidge Corner Yoga: Take a moment out of the kitchen to center yourself and help others. A suggested donation benefits the Brookline Emergency Food Pantry.
$20 suggested donation, 9:30 a.m. Coolidge Corner Yoga, 1297 Beacon St., Boston, coolidgeyoga.com.
8. Santosha Yoga at North End Yoga: Santosha is Sanskrit for contentment, which is exactly what you’ll feel after this class is done.
$25, 10 a.m. North End Yoga, 256 Hanover St., 3rd Floor, Boston, northendyoga.com.
9. Thanksgiving Hip Hop Yoga at YogaWorks: Approach Thanksgiving with a clean slate, after sweating out your toxins at this heated hip hop yoga class.
$18, 11 a.m. YogaWorks Back Bay, 364 Boylston St., Boston, yogaworks.com.
10. Endurance Rides at the Handle Bar: Each of the Handle Bar’s three locations—Fenway, South Boston, and Cambridge—is hosting a 75-minute morning class on Thanksgiving. The South Boston studio is also offering a bright and early turkey pre-game at 7:25 a.m.
$24, 7:25 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. The Handle Bar, 141 Dorchester Ave. and 1336 Boylston St., Boston, and 1030 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, handlebarcycling.com.
11. Turkey Burn at SoulCycle: Head to SoulCycle Back Bay, Beacon Hill, or Chestnut Hill for 90-minute Thanksgiving day classes. Heads up: These extra-long classes use two credits, so they’re double the price.
$60, 8 a.m. 500 Boylston St. and 300 Cambridge St., Boston, and 200 Boylston St., Chestnut Hill, soul-cycle.com.
12. Turkey and Tapbacks at LyfeCycle: This Roslindale cycling studio is hosting 60-minute holiday classes taught by two instructors. They start at 8 a.m. and 9:15 a.m.
$12, 8 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. LyfeCycle, 4155 Washington St., Roslindale, movewith.com.
13. Bird Rides at Recycle Studio: Recycle’s Boston Common and South End locations are both open on Thanksgiving morning, offering plenty of opportunities to make room for turkey.
$26, various times. Recycle Studio, 9 Newbury St. and 18 Union Park St., Boston, recycle-studio.com.
14. Full Body Burn at Barry’s Bootcamp: If you thought regular Barry’s classes were hard, try this 90-minute full-body class. You won’t even feel guilty about having seconds at dinner.
$30, 8 a.m. Barry’s Bootcamp, 30 Chauncy St., Boston, barrysbootcamp.com.
15. Turkey Tabata at Burn: Trying to maximize your pre-feast calorie burn? Try this high-intensity, hour-long Tabata class.
$28, 8:30 a.m. Burn, 547 Columbus Ave., Boston, movewith.com.
16. Carved at David Barton Gym: This upscale gym is opening its doors to the public, for free, on Turkey Day. Try its bodyweight conditioning class at either 9 a.m. or 11 a.m.
Free, 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. David Barton Gym, 50 Park Plaza, Boston, eventbrite.com.
17. Wobble Before You Gobble at the Z Spot: Torch calories before the meal at the Z Spot. It’s hosting a special Thanksgiving morning Zumba class.
$18, 9:30 a.m. The Z Spot, 181 Massachusetts Ave., Boston, thezspot.com.